Tuesday 14 April 2015

InDesign Film Magazine Draft: 2

This is when I have added my main image onto my cover page. I used InDesign feathering tools to slightly fade the outline of the image so as the model blends with the cover more, but also appears slightly ghosty, relating to the possession she experiences in the plot of the film.


I felt that the word 'BIGGEST' did not give the magazine's tagline the professional portrayal that would associate this magazine with success. Therefore I altered the word to 'LEADING', expressing how this magazine is ahead of any other.

Her hair extends behind the masthead which was an intentional detail that I found evident in many issues of different brands such as EMPIRE and PREMIERE.


I also changed the slashes between the film names at the bottom of the page to red, which allowed the colour on the page to appear more evenly distributed.

In terms of the sell lines, I removed the sell line promoting Alfred Hitchcock content as it was too large and the image wouldn't of been able to have been shown well with the text making the page look cluttered. Therefore I decided to decrease the number of my sell lines and re-arrange the rest to a more spaced out layout, while still maintaining a structure. I found this to be effective in other issues of magazines.

As well as this, to give the magazine a darker ambience, I created a black background behind the grey one I had already made. I then made the grey box smaller and feathered it's edges. All this created a dark outerline that appears as if darkness is surrounding the issue, relating to the theme of horror.

No comments:

Post a Comment